Ten O'Clock News; Empty Boston Garden
Several takes of reporter standup in empty Boston Garden. Bruins banners hang over ice rink. Long circular pan of unoccupied seats.
- Ten O'Clock News
Empty Boston Garden
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston Bruins (Hockey team)
- Boston Garden (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Empty Boston Garden,” 12/18/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C7858D37DF241CBB35F58CCA42FD2F8.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Empty Boston Garden.” 12/18/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C7858D37DF241CBB35F58CCA42FD2F8>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Empty Boston Garden. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C7858D37DF241CBB35F58CCA42FD2F8