Arthur; DW’s Time Trouble; Buster’s Amish Mismatch
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- DW’s Time Trouble; Buster’s Amish Mismatch
- Program Number
707; 102B; 101B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"D.W.'s Time Trouble" D.W. is sick and tired of being bossed around all the time and demands to know why she couldn't have been born before Arthur! So she goes on a magical trip through time to see what life would be like with Arthur as her little brother. Surely D.W. would be much happier if she were in charge ... wouldn't she?
"Buster's Amish Mismatch" During a field trip to Amish country, Buster becomes enamored with the simple lifestyle and vows to forgo all modern conveniences back home. But this is easier said than done -- living without TV or car rides is a bumpy road, and far worse, a lonely one. Will Buster find anyone to join him in his quest for a simple life?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; DW’s Time Trouble; Buster’s Amish Mismatch,” 10/09/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C732EB90F644421B98F08FEC6BBD3CC.
- MLA: “Arthur; DW’s Time Trouble; Buster’s Amish Mismatch.” 10/09/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C732EB90F644421B98F08FEC6BBD3CC>.
- APA: Arthur; DW’s Time Trouble; Buster’s Amish Mismatch. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C732EB90F644421B98F08FEC6BBD3CC