Jean Shepherd's America; I Might Even Snag One for Old Ahab Himself
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jean Shepherd's America
- I Might Even Snag One for Old Ahab Himself
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
Jean Shepherd is a fishing fanatic, so he can’t resist a try at the fabled waters of Florida’s Black Water Bay. Predictably, he comes up with no fish, but he meets Sea Weed Ernie and tells tall tales.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; I Might Even Snag One for Old Ahab Himself,” 08/15/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C48CFC7844E4782A3380E13DF6D11C8.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; I Might Even Snag One for Old Ahab Himself.” 08/15/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C48CFC7844E4782A3380E13DF6D11C8>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; I Might Even Snag One for Old Ahab Himself. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C48CFC7844E4782A3380E13DF6D11C8