Arthur; Buster Baxter, Cat Saver; Play It Again, D.W.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster Baxter, Cat Saver; Play It Again, D.W.
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Buster Baxter, Cat Saver: A cat gets stuck in a tree and Buster Baxter saves the day! Risking life and limb! (Well, actually, the cat just jumped and landed on him.) It's not every day that your best friend is lionized, canonized and just plain admired... and Arthur, for one, is sick of it.
Play It Again, D.W.: It's totally obnoxious and filled with goofy words that no self-respecting eight-year-old would ever repeat. What is it? It's Crazy Bus--the song, the CD, the motion picture, the spectacle. Crazy Bus is EVERYWHERE but mostly it's in the Read's home, because D.W. has to play it 4000 times a day. When the CD goes missing, D.W. suspects that Arthur has finally snapped.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster Baxter, Cat Saver; Play It Again, D.W.,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C1E282D470A47EAA25B17CB334F4435.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster Baxter, Cat Saver; Play It Again, D.W..” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C1E282D470A47EAA25B17CB334F4435>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster Baxter, Cat Saver; Play It Again, D.W.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7C1E282D470A47EAA25B17CB334F4435