Evening at Pops; Chieftains And Burgess Meredith, The
Evening At Pops 1991 #1403 The Chieftains
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Chieftains And Burgess Meredith, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Chieftains join the Boston Pops for an evening of great Irish melodies. In a program that also features a guest appearance by actor Burgess Meredith, Ireland's most celebrated band offers the unique brand of music they've been playing for 25 years. The six-man group, led by master of the uilleann pipes Paddy Moloney, perform selections from their film scores for "Treasure Island" and "Tristan and Isolde," as well as "Planxty Mozart" ("Here's to Mozart" in Gaelic.)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Chieftains And Burgess Meredith, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 5, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7BBDF3E18E6D43239821CB5E2B123451.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Chieftains And Burgess Meredith, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 5, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7BBDF3E18E6D43239821CB5E2B123451>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Chieftains And Burgess Meredith, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7BBDF3E18E6D43239821CB5E2B123451