Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Return To Tel Aviv
Israel: Tel Aviv SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Israel: Return To Tel Aviv
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English visits the “Iron Chef” of Israel – Krav Sakinim Knife Battle. Joined by his “Team America” chefs, Todd and the team search the markets and purveyors of Tel Aviv in preparation for the culinary challenge. Joined by his American team of chefs, Todd English revisits the vibrant city of Tel Aviv. Once Todd passes television food celebrity Gil Havov’s courage test at the entrance of Carmel Market the adventure gets underway, which includes a visit to Big Itzik and Dr. Shakshuka. The food trip continues late into the evening at the side of notorious culinarian and club Dj, Aharoni, who shows Todd why Tel Aviv’s nightlife is unrivaled. Back at Olives, his restaurant in Boston, Todd creates his own dish full of Israeli inspiration.
Recipes: Za’atar Roasted Rack of Lamb with Shakshouka Pomegranite Iced Tea
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Return To Tel Aviv,” 03/30/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B449A28364F4C6D86F9601A779544AC.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Return To Tel Aviv.” 03/30/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B449A28364F4C6D86F9601A779544AC>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Return To Tel Aviv. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B449A28364F4C6D86F9601A779544AC