Evening at Pops; Broadway’s Best At Pops
DVD version no CC
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Broadway’s Best At Pops
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
This program takes viewers back to the most memorable moments from the past 35 years of EVENING AT POPS. Featuring the renowned conductors of the Boston Pops - Arthur Fiedler, John Williams and Keith Lockhart - the program celebrates the Pops collaborations with all-star guest performers from Broadway, including Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger, Sammy Davis Jr., Bonnie and John Raitt, Bernadette Peters, Ben Vereen, Carol Channing, Gregory Hines and many more, in addition to interviews with Broadway greats.
New interviews with Lockhart, Williams, Michael Feinstein and others describe the invaluable role Evening at Pops and the Boston Pops Orchestra played in bringing Broadway into American homes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Broadway’s Best At Pops,” 12/12/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B30A63860CC4418A13C5859925FEE12.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Broadway’s Best At Pops.” 12/12/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B30A63860CC4418A13C5859925FEE12>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Broadway’s Best At Pops. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B30A63860CC4418A13C5859925FEE12