Antiques Roadshow; Unique Antiques
1120 Unique Antiques EE Master w/Mix and Text, No CC First Air Date: 11/19/07
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Unique Antiques
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ROADSHOW's "Unique Antiques" showcases some of the most outlandish, kitschy, and downright morbidly fascinating antiques and collectibles of the series' last decade. Warning: These objects have been appraised by trained professionals; don't try this at home! Highlights include: a Weller pottery humidor in the shape of a skull; a chair once belonging to Chang Bunker, the owner's great-grandfather and half of the 19th century's world famous conjoined twins, Chang and Eng; and a collection of tin cans salvaged from a 19th-century dump and valued at $10,000 to $14,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Unique Antiques,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B0A40F284AB42A8AD2267F99501E296.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Unique Antiques.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B0A40F284AB42A8AD2267F99501E296>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Unique Antiques. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7B0A40F284AB42A8AD2267F99501E296