Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; People vs. Grandma Ruffman, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- People vs. Grandma Ruffman, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff gets a surprise phone call from Grandma Ruffman from JAIL! Grandma's accused of trying to break Ruff's twin, Scruff Ruffman, out of prison! They'll have to learn about the justice system so Ruff sends two FETCHers to be on Grandma's defense team, two others to examine forensic evidence, and the last two—GULP—to prosecute Grandma! The FETCHers try the case with help from real lawyers in a real courtroom with a real judge. Is Grandma guilty? What will be the verdict?!?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; People vs. Grandma Ruffman, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AD6B6DAC8924811B2D216DDD6BC3B50.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; People vs. Grandma Ruffman, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AD6B6DAC8924811B2D216DDD6BC3B50>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; People vs. Grandma Ruffman, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AD6B6DAC8924811B2D216DDD6BC3B50