Evening at Pops; Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
"Nanci Griffith and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones" -- Conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra host Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with their signature mix of blues, bluegrass and jazz. Also joining Lockhart on stage is folk singer Nanci Griffith, who delivers rousing interpretations of "Trouble in the Fields," "Gulf Coast Highway" and, with Fleck, "Outbound Plane."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AC33022BC0E42988AC10CE57E8CF671.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AC33022BC0E42988AC10CE57E8CF671>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7AC33022BC0E42988AC10CE57E8CF671