Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger
Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger Part 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast January 23 and 30, 1986 Miss Marple is asked to investigate when the quiet village of Lymston is shocked by a series of poison-pen letters which arrive with alarming frequency. Then the local solicitor's wife, Mrs. Symmington is found dead with a poison-pen letter and a suicide note beside her body. Against all evidence to the contrary, Miss Marple insists the death was not a suicide. Another body is found -- this time unmistakably a murder. But the letters continue to appear.
Joan Hickson stars as Miss Marple.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A3681A13CDE40D1A87D3EF0073A31BE.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A3681A13CDE40D1A87D3EF0073A31BE>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Moving Finger. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A3681A13CDE40D1A87D3EF0073A31BE