American Experience; Nixon; Anti-Sihanouk demonstration
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Demonstration against Sihanouk. 1. Demonstrators, men waving from trucks along street. Soldiers in jeeps. Students enlisting in military, men boarding trucks with bags. Enlistees wave as truck moves off. (50' sound on film) 2. Men marching, putting up posters, anti- Vietcong. Violent images. Chalking slogans on pavement. More of recruits. _-_ 3. More of marchers, posters, Buddhist monk. Violent graphic images, red-painted posters, such as rear view of naked woman: "Go Home, Vietcong!" (64' silent)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Norodom Sihanouk, Prince, 1922-
- Mat tran dan toc giai phong mien nam Viet Nam
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Cambodia
- College students
- Buddhist monks
- Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Mao, Zedong, 1893-1976
- Recruiting and enlistment
- Commando automobile
- Political posters
- Cambodia--History--Civil War, 1970-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Anti-Sihanouk demonstration,” 04/05/1970, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A15D8914E4A4473814CE7E7360D181E.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Anti-Sihanouk demonstration.” 04/05/1970. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A15D8914E4A4473814CE7E7360D181E>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Anti-Sihanouk demonstration. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A15D8914E4A4473814CE7E7360D181E