American Experience; Nixon; ARVN unit new
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
NEW ARVN UNIT - Troops and Activities. 1.Tank machine gunners firing in heavy rain. 2. Water pouring off roof. Shell casings eject from machine gun, bounce off side of tank. CS - Soldiers and helmet, rain dripping off. 3. ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) officers at command post- voices audible, tanks firing 4. ARVN troops in field - various activities. Directing artillery fire, setting up shells, preparing ammo for 170 mm. cannons, Digging. Tanks. Officer giving directions to young bewildered soldier. Guy drops shell from truck. Digging, white sandy area. Refugees pass by on truck. 5. Close shot - soldier's face and helmet partly obscured by sandbag. ARVN soldier with field glasses. US advisor. 6. Refugees walk past camera, along highway in the rain, with cows.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
ARVN unit new
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Military assistance, American
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Migration and refugees
- Quang Trung, Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN unit new,” 04/07/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A096DE4536747229D88CB6F009DB5F0.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN unit new.” 04/07/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A096DE4536747229D88CB6F009DB5F0>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; ARVN unit new. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7A096DE4536747229D88CB6F009DB5F0