Ten O'Clock News; Dukakis in Wisconsin primary
Meg Vaillancourt analyzes the results of the Wisconsin primary elections. She compares the election results for Democratic presidential candidates Michael Dukakis and Jesse Jackson. Vaillancourt reports that Wisconsin represents Dukakis' first victory in a mid-western state; she adds that Jackson is attracting more white voters than he did four years ago. Vaillancourt notes that Jackson is appealing to the hearts of voters while Dukakis appeals to their heads. Vaillancourt also analyzes the election results for Democratic candidates Al Gore and Paul Simon. Vaillancourt talks about the candidates chances in the upcoming New York primaries. Vaillancourt's report includes footage of Jackson campaigning and marching with striking workers, Dukakis campaigning.
- Ten O'Clock News
Dukakis in Wisconsin primary
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1988
- Political campaigns
- African American politicians
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Simon, Paul, 1928-2003
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
- Gore, Albert, 1948-
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Dukakis in Wisconsin primary,” 04/05/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79B1423E130D4E6FA2BDD4E16954A9BD.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Dukakis in Wisconsin primary.” 04/05/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79B1423E130D4E6FA2BDD4E16954A9BD>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Dukakis in Wisconsin primary. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79B1423E130D4E6FA2BDD4E16954A9BD