Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Daughter of the Regiment
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Daughter of the Regiment
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Hetty's second case involves her in the mystery of paparazzo-style photographer Jake Vincent (Joe Caffrey), who is stalking the daughter of a prominent military family. Caroline Langley (Emily Hamilton) is about to be married, and her mother, Dawn (Mel Martin), hires Hetty to find out who the shutterbug is. When Hetty confronts the photographer and presents her private investigator's credentials, he presents his! He was retained by Doug Arkwright (Jonathan Coy), who has a personal interest in the coming wedding. Hetty's assignment evolves from sleuthing to counseling.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Daughter of the Regiment,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79729C7FBF4F489681E1A8B01DB22210.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Daughter of the Regiment.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79729C7FBF4F489681E1A8B01DB22210>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Daughter of the Regiment. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_79729C7FBF4F489681E1A8B01DB22210