Martha Speaks; Itchy Martha; Martha and the Thief of Hearts
MSPE 121 HD Base 28:46 Media Operations Center
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Itchy Martha; Martha and the Thief of Hearts
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Itchy Martha Martha can't keep her paws away from her itchy ear mites. Until they're gone, she has to wear a cone on her head to keep her from scratching. Martha hates the cone; it gets in the way and makes everything sound weird. Worse than that, it terrifies Jake. Will Martha have to live in the cellar until she gets better?
Vocabulary: (E) device, contraption, devise, invent, variation
(I) helmet, gadget, machine, idea, cone
Martha and the Thief of Hearts The gang decides to make homemade valentines for each other. But when everybody's art supplies begin disappearing, their affectionate mood begins to fade. Can Martha solve the mystery of the stolen supplies?
Vocabulary: (E) craft, personalized, design, exquisite, original
(I) draw, create, supplies, materials, decorate
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Itchy Martha; Martha and the Thief of Hearts,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7921FB52C23C4C9D8B71F9120401D0F5.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Itchy Martha; Martha and the Thief of Hearts.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7921FB52C23C4C9D8B71F9120401D0F5>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Itchy Martha; Martha and the Thief of Hearts. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7921FB52C23C4C9D8B71F9120401D0F5