Peep And The Big Wide World; Trading Places; House of Sand and Frog
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Trading Places; House of Sand and Frog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 4 EPISODE 51
53B TRADING PLACES. ANIMATION: PEEP FALLS ASLEEP ONE LAZY AFTERNOON AND DREAMS THAT HE’S A BUTTERFLY, CHIRP’S A DUCK, NEWTON’S A SQUIRREL AND QUACK’S A TURTLE. GUESS WHO’S NOT HAPPY WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT?
50B HOUSE OF SAND AND FROG: ANIMATION: CHIRP MOVES INTO A GLORIOUS SAND CASTLE SHE FOUND ON THE BEACH. OF COURSE, QUACK IMMEDIATELY WANTS A CASTLE OF HIS OWN – ONLY HIS MUST BE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN CHIRP’S.
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS PLAY WITH SAND AND DIRT IN A BACKYARD. START WITH DRY AND THEN ADD WATER. POURING, SIFTING, SHAPING, CARVING.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Trading Places; House of Sand and Frog,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_78C0687648D34B54A59E3B03D4815D5E.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Trading Places; House of Sand and Frog.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_78C0687648D34B54A59E3B03D4815D5E>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Trading Places; House of Sand and Frog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_78C0687648D34B54A59E3B03D4815D5E