Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Tape Loops and Loop-the-loops
DTO (download-to-own) Master iTunes Version
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Tape Loops and Loop-the-loops
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 When Grandparents Day slips his mind, Ruff scrambles to think of a gift for Grandma Ruffman. He challenges Madi and Mike to come up with a song for her, and sends Bridget and Willie to Disney World to learn how to design a rollercoaster.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Tape Loops and Loop-the-loops,” 06/19/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_786803BDC9934929AB483CAAA8B84E89.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Tape Loops and Loop-the-loops.” 06/19/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_786803BDC9934929AB483CAAA8B84E89>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Tape Loops and Loop-the-loops. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_786803BDC9934929AB483CAAA8B84E89