Stay Out For Freedom; Press Conference
Part of Say Brother.
DVD-R containing WAV audio file from original 1/4" audiotape. Reaction to Brooke Ruling, Rally with Dick Gregory/Rev. Carter
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Stay Out For Freedom
- Press Conference
- Series Description
Radio series. Series release date: 1963
- Program Description
Program consists of a press conference with newly elected State Senator Bill Owens to discuss Owen's plans for the Senate. Participating media representatives are: Luix Overbea (Christian Science Monitor), Al Williams (WILD Radio), Sarah-Ann Shaw (WBZ TV), Russell Tillman (WSBK-TV), Alan Raymond (WGBH-FM), Greg Pilkington (WGBH-TV), Bruce Cole (Harvard Crimson), and Maurice Lewis (Black News). Conference moderated by professor and historian A.B.Spellman. Aditional segments include "Access" with Hubie Jones, Chairman of the Children's Campaign (who discusses the misuse of psychotropic drugs in schoolchildren), the "Community Calendar," and "Commentary" by Producer Marita Rivero on politics.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Spellman, A.B.
- African American politicians--Massachusetts
- Owens, Bill
- Shaw, Sarah-Ann
- Press conferences
- Overbea, Luix V. (Luix Virgil)
- Pilkington, Greg
- African American journalists
- Jones, Hubie
- Children's Campaign (Boston, Mass.)
- Williams, Al
- Raymond, Alan
- Tillman, Russell
- Cole, Bruce
- Lewis, Maurice
- Social Issues
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Associate Producer)
- Marita Rivero (Producer)
- White, Conrad (Director)
- Spellman, A. B. (Host)
- Spooner, Dighton (Researcher)
- Cross, June (Community Coordinator)
- McGuire Nicholas, Sallie (Production Assistant)
- Cogell, Lloyd (Still Photography)
- Farrier, Stephen (Community Coordinator)
- Boston Art Ensemble (Theme Music)
- Chicago: “Stay Out For Freedom; Press Conference,” 02/12/1964, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_783B4606579241C7A1D7EA6C43825E1E.
- MLA: “Stay Out For Freedom; Press Conference.” 02/12/1964. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_783B4606579241C7A1D7EA6C43825E1E>.
- APA: Stay Out For Freedom; Press Conference. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_783B4606579241C7A1D7EA6C43825E1E