Simply Ming; Black Lychee Tea/ Brown Sugar
Black Lychee Tea and Brown Sugar with Iris Tsai Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Black Lychee Tea/ Brown Sugar
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Iris Tsai
This week Ming combines the satisfying flavors of black lychee tea and brown sugar for his recipes. In the kitchen, Ming creatively uses a foil-lined wok as a smoker for his Tea Smoked Brown Sugared Salmon. He also cooks up an appetizing Caramelized Tea-Coated Butterfish with Scallion Couscous, which is followed by a refreshing, cool treat- Black Lychee Tea Granita. Very special guest chef (and Ming’s Mom!) Iris Tsai visits the studio to create her tasty “All-In-One” Pan Fried Duck Breast.
Tea Smoked Brown Sugared Salmon
Caramelized Tea Coated Butterfish with Scallion Couscous
Black Lychee Tea Granita
Iris Lee Tsai's Brown Sugar Pan-Fried Duck Breast
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Black Lychee Tea/ Brown Sugar,” 03/29/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_781488108DE844E580ECFB6AC4F2699D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Black Lychee Tea/ Brown Sugar.” 03/29/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_781488108DE844E580ECFB6AC4F2699D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Black Lychee Tea/ Brown Sugar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_781488108DE844E580ECFB6AC4F2699D