Arthur; D.W.’s Name Game; Finders Keypers
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- D.W.’s Name Game; Finders Keypers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W.'s Name Game: What's in a name? A lot of hurt feelings, sometimes. At least that's what D.W. and Arthur discover when their efforts to insult each other get out of control. Although the contest improves their vocabulary, the endless name-calling becomes, well, deleterious.
Finders Key-pers: Arthur, Brain, and Binky find a key--but to what? The city? The new science museum? A brand new sports car? And which of them will get to keep whatever fabulous thing they find!? When they decide to split it 50-50-50 the trouble really begins!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W.’s Name Game; Finders Keypers,” 02/26/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 31, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_780AD81A976D443B88A040E4187CC684.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W.’s Name Game; Finders Keypers.” 02/26/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 31, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_780AD81A976D443B88A040E4187CC684>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W.’s Name Game; Finders Keypers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_780AD81A976D443B88A040E4187CC684