Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part II; DW’s Time Trouble
Elwood City Turns 100, Part II and D.W.’s Time Trouble
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Elwood City Turns 100, Part II; DW’s Time Trouble
- Program Number
705; 707; 102A; 102B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
705: Elwood City Turns 100: Arthur and his friends commemorate their 100th episode in show-stopping style! Mr. Ratburn's class is chosen to stage a musical tribute to Elwood City for its centennial celebration ... which quickly becomes a drama of missed cues, inflated egos, and alien invasions. And that's just behind the curtain!
707: D.W.'s Time Trouble: D.W. is sick and tired of being bossed around all the time and demands to know why she couldn't have been born before Arthur! So she goes on a magical trip through time to see what life would be like with Arthur as her little brother. Surely D.W. would be much happier if she were in charge ... wouldn't she?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part II; DW’s Time Trouble,” 09/11/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77FEDE1FF7504E0989ACC59665A5CD8D.
- MLA: “Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part II; DW’s Time Trouble.” 09/11/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77FEDE1FF7504E0989ACC59665A5CD8D>.
- APA: Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part II; DW’s Time Trouble. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77FEDE1FF7504E0989ACC59665A5CD8D