La Plaza; Guillermo Nojechowicz and El Eco
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Guillermo Nojechowicz and El Eco
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
The Latin jazz musician and bandleader in performance.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Guillermo Nojechowicz and El Eco,” 11/05/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77EC53D3285248668D76D1CB325D6C21.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Guillermo Nojechowicz and El Eco.” 11/05/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77EC53D3285248668D76D1CB325D6C21>.
- APA: La Plaza; Guillermo Nojechowicz and El Eco. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77EC53D3285248668D76D1CB325D6C21