Peep And The Big Wide World; Inconvenient Tooth, An, Part 1 and 2
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Inconvenient Tooth, An, Part 1 and 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 4 EPISODE 50
51A AN INCONVENIENT TOOTH, PART 1: ANIMATION: BEAVER BOY NEEDS SOME WOOD TO GNAW. (HE’S GOT GROWING TEETH!) PROBLEM IS, HE’S CUTTING DOWN TOO MANY TREES. THE SOLUTION? GROW SOME NEW TREES!
INTERSTITIAL: IT’S APRIL IN A BACKYARD AND KIDS OBSERVE THE NATURAL ACTIVITY THEY FIND——INSECTS, BUDS ON TREES, UNDER SOME LEAVES, PLANTS BEGINNING TO COME UP. WE’LL COME BACK IN A FEW MONTHS AND SEE WHAT HAS CHANGED…
51B AN INCONVENIENT TOOTH, PART II: ANIMATION: BEAVER BOY DISCOVERS THAT GROWING TREES IS HARD. (NOT TO MENTION SLOWWWWWW.) CAN HE FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO MAKE HIS TEETH HAPPY?
INTERSTITIAL: IT’S LATE JUNE AND THE KIDS RETURN TO THE BACKYARD AND OBSERVE HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED. THE BUDS BECAME LEAVES, THE FLOWERS HAVE BLOOMED …
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Inconvenient Tooth, An, Part 1 and 2,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77CD07BAC3C84CB68888F6DDF7D9910D.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Inconvenient Tooth, An, Part 1 and 2.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77CD07BAC3C84CB68888F6DDF7D9910D>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Inconvenient Tooth, An, Part 1 and 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77CD07BAC3C84CB68888F6DDF7D9910D