Arthur; Fright Stuff, The; The Contest
Tr.1-2 Full Mix Stereo, Tr. 3 M&E Mono, Tr. 4 Dialogue Mono
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fright Stuff, The; The Contest
- Program Number
66A - 66B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
403: The Fright Stuff: Prankster poltergeists have arrived in Elwood City--and just in time for the "Scare Your Pants Off" costume party! It's boys versus girls in what becomes a great big battle of the pranks, until the kids learn a lesson about practical jokes... from a spooky source.
404: The Contest: What would happen if Arthur and his friends entered a contest to write story ideas for their favorite television show? Holly Holland of Canadian, Oklahoma, winner of TV Guide's "Create Your Own Arthur Episode!", answers just that question. The kids realize that winning would be great, but that writing and sharing is the best part.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Fright Stuff, The; The Contest,” 07/09/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77C021D35DAF43D8A0307FF4F8D16F83.
- MLA: “Arthur; Fright Stuff, The; The Contest.” 07/09/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77C021D35DAF43D8A0307FF4F8D16F83>.
- APA: Arthur; Fright Stuff, The; The Contest. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77C021D35DAF43D8A0307FF4F8D16F83