Evening at Pops; Tribute To Nat King Cole With Johnny Mathis And Natalie Cole, A
EE Master STEREO DOLBY
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tribute To Nat King Cole With Johnny Mathis And Natalie Cole, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
John Williams and the Boston Pops salute the enduring musical heritage of the late Nat King Cole. Johnny Mathis and Cole’s daughter, Natalie, join the Pops for a program featuring such Cole tunes as “Mona Lisa,” “Paper Moon,” “Nature Boy,” “Smile” and “To the Ends of the Earth.” Williams and the Pops also perform a medley of early jazz tunes made popular by the King Cole Trio.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To Nat King Cole With Johnny Mathis And Natalie Cole, A,” 12/07/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77176ED7DEC341658A0023F498C1044E.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To Nat King Cole With Johnny Mathis And Natalie Cole, A.” 12/07/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77176ED7DEC341658A0023F498C1044E>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tribute To Nat King Cole With Johnny Mathis And Natalie Cole, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_77176ED7DEC341658A0023F498C1044E