Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching English Language Learners
Show #6 Teaching English Language Learners Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop
- Teaching English Language Learners
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Eight half-hour workshop video programs feature leading experts who discuss current research on learning to read and teaching a diverse range of students. The research is illustrated by clips from real classroom lessons, allowing teachers to better understand and apply the research in their own classes. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Changing classroom demographics call for a range or teaching strategies. In this session, literacy expert Robert Jiménez discusses strategies teachers can use to create a successful learning environment for all students, while supporting English language learners. Classroom examples illustrate the research.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching English Language Learners,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_771409F0ADD14D768343177AD548886F.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching English Language Learners.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_771409F0ADD14D768343177AD548886F>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching English Language Learners. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_771409F0ADD14D768343177AD548886F