Evening of Championship Skating, An; Evening of Championship Skating 1999, An
DUB FROM D5
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening of Championship Skating, An
- Evening of Championship Skating 1999, An
- Series Description
Series showcasing exhibition skating by top U.S. amateur skaters and professionals. Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
The evening's host, Olympic Silver Medalist Paul Wylie, welcomes a stellar lineup of top-notch skaters and emerging stars performing the hottest exhibition numbers on ice. Naomi Nari Nam, 1999 US Ladies Silver Medalist, hits the ice with spirited moves from her "Rockin' Robin" routine; 1998 World Silver Medalist Irina Slutskaya treats the crowd to her gravity-defying triple jumps and lyrical interpretive style; 1999 US National Champions Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev marry the American and Russian traditions of ice dancing for a breathtaking mixture of elegant choreography; Elena Leonova and Andrei Khvalko bring down the house with their graceful showmanship; and US Bronze Medalist Dan Hollander treats the audience to a comedy routine when he appears on ice as South Park's Eric Cartman and morphs into everyone's favorite nanny, Mrs. Doubtfire. This imaginative mix is performed to the old school groove of Aerosmith's, "Dude Looks Like a Lady."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Event Coverage
- Chicago: “Evening of Championship Skating, An; Evening of Championship Skating 1999, An,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_764D33FFF0EE4560AE744B18997F2DAE.
- MLA: “Evening of Championship Skating, An; Evening of Championship Skating 1999, An.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_764D33FFF0EE4560AE744B18997F2DAE>.
- APA: Evening of Championship Skating, An; Evening of Championship Skating 1999, An. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_764D33FFF0EE4560AE744B18997F2DAE