Arthur; Sue Ellen’s Lost Diary; Arthur’s Knee
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sue Ellen’s Lost Diary; Arthur’s Knee
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Sue Ellen's Lost Diary: Poor Sue Ellen has lost the one thing she's never without--her diary. But as her friends help her look for it, they start to wonder--how come she won't let them read it? What's IN this diary anyway? The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
Arthur's Knee: Arthur's hurt his knee but won't tell Mom--because then she'd know he'd been playing down at the dump. (Where he was NOT allowed to go). Can The Brain and D.W. convince Arthur to face up to it and take his tetanus shot like a man--umm, an aardvark?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Sue Ellen’s Lost Diary; Arthur’s Knee,” 01/22/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_760DA0920E3444E789CB247D4B176C0A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Sue Ellen’s Lost Diary; Arthur’s Knee.” 01/22/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_760DA0920E3444E789CB247D4B176C0A>.
- APA: Arthur; Sue Ellen’s Lost Diary; Arthur’s Knee. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_760DA0920E3444E789CB247D4B176C0A