Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Holy Thief
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cadfael, Series IV: The Holy Thief
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
On a dark and stormy night, the Holy Relics of St. Winifred -- the lifeblood of Shrewsbury Abbey -- are stolen, along with a box of precious gems that were to be transported to the recently ransacked Abbey at Ramsay. Cadfael (Derek Jacobi) must sort out how the kidnapping of a slave girl (Louise Delamere), a shocking confession from a fellow monk (Julian Firth) and a single thread found on a dead shepherd (Neil Caple) can help him catch the holy thief and bring a murderer to justice.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Holy Thief,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75FBF88DE8774A0283774932BBA31439.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Holy Thief.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75FBF88DE8774A0283774932BBA31439>.
- APA: Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Holy Thief. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75FBF88DE8774A0283774932BBA31439