Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Kennedy candidate interview
“Presidential Candidates 1980” forum with Sen. Edward Kennedy. Talks about his family and political upbringing. Responds to questions about treating women as objects, and about adversity and tragedy in his background. Senator Kennedy states that a presidency should be all inclusive in terms of opportunity and diversity in background and experience. He explains how the adversities he has overcome in the past would increase his effectiveness as President. Panelists are Chris Lydon (WGBH-TV), James Doyle (Newsweek), David Broder (Washington Post).
- Ten O'Clock News
Sen. Kennedy candidate interview
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1980
- Political campaigns
- News Report
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 (Interviewee)
- Broder, David (Reporter)
- Doyle, James (Reporter)
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Kennedy candidate interview,” 02/12/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75B0F757331446F39262F45ACB9F15F6.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Kennedy candidate interview.” 02/12/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75B0F757331446F39262F45ACB9F15F6>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Kennedy candidate interview. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75B0F757331446F39262F45ACB9F15F6