Arthur; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues; Prunella Sees The Light
Jenna’s Bedtime Blues and Prunella Sees The Light
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jenna’s Bedtime Blues; Prunella Sees The Light
- Program Number
706; 709; 103A; 103B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
706: Jenna's Bedtime Blues: Muffy's annual slumber party is the envy of Lakewood Elementary. This year Jenna is finally invited and she's absolutely ... horrified! What if the other girls discover that she's an occasional bed-wetter? She'll be the lonely laughingstock of Elwood City! Can Jenna make it though the night with her sheets dry -- and her secret safe?
709: Prunella Sees the Light: To make everything perfect for her sleepover with Marina, Prunella happily styles her room to resemble a "Henry Skreever" book. But then she panics -- since Marina is blind, will decorations she can't even see offend her ... or worse, make her trip? Or will Prunella discover that her worries about protecting Marina -- and their friendship -- are more about Prunella's own perceptions rather than Marina's actual capabilities?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues; Prunella Sees The Light,” 09/25/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75951694FD444B489652D83BC0CF7714.
- MLA: “Arthur; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues; Prunella Sees The Light.” 09/25/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75951694FD444B489652D83BC0CF7714>.
- APA: Arthur; Jenna’s Bedtime Blues; Prunella Sees The Light. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_75951694FD444B489652D83BC0CF7714