Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: The Cape Cuisine
South Aftrica: THe Cape Cuisine SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- South Africa: The Cape Cuisine
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd travels through the wine country by motorcycle and sidecar and heads to The Showroom, where Chef Craig Paterson is all about culinary creativity in the middle of a car dealership. Accompanied by chef Bruce Robertson of the acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant, Todd visits a farmer’s market full of great local produce and artisan products. Then Todd travels to Tiger’s Shabeen in Langa Township, where the people are warm and the brai (or barbecue) is delicious. Back in Boston, the Cape Malay cuisine inspires Todd to create something new at Olives.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: The Cape Cuisine,” 05/29/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7566572C2C0A4DB78340258B8E2B45D1.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: The Cape Cuisine.” 05/29/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7566572C2C0A4DB78340258B8E2B45D1>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: The Cape Cuisine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7566572C2C0A4DB78340258B8E2B45D1