War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Air Force Class on Soviet Threat Awareness
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Classroom scene with lecture and slide show on Soviet Strategic Defense Forces, followed by an extensive question and answer session.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Air Force Class on Soviet Threat Awareness
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Soviet Union
- United States
- B1 bomber
- Nuclear weapons
- United States. Air Force
- Nuclear warfare
- Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, TX
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Air Force Class on Soviet Threat Awareness,” 05/28/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7553A40E33364FC8B76A50AC43D19315.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Air Force Class on Soviet Threat Awareness.” 05/28/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7553A40E33364FC8B76A50AC43D19315>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Air Force Class on Soviet Threat Awareness. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7553A40E33364FC8B76A50AC43D19315