Arthur; Lights, Camera, Opera; All Worked Up
ARUR905K1 includes CC & DVS 119B, 118B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Lights, Camera, Opera; All Worked Up
- Program Number
905; 119B; 118B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Lights, Camera, Opera!
When Muffy's Dad gives her concert tickets, she couldn't be more excited -- until she discovers that she's going to...gasp!...the opera. How will she understand what's going on, let alone stay awake? Opera singer Rodney Gilfrey guest stars to show Muffy why Bizet's "Carmen" can be a whole lot more fun than 'Tween Dream! [Working Title: Crosswires and Bizet Signals]
All Worked Up
Arthur aced five quizzes in a row! But his luck runs out when Mom takes a new job. Did his streak end because Mom's schedule is disrupting his perfect routine?! At first, Arthur and D.W. get all worked up over this change at home, but they learn that they'll always be priority #1.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Lights, Camera, Opera; All Worked Up,” 11/12/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74FF247FD3E24D45BA15F4E498686197.
- MLA: “Arthur; Lights, Camera, Opera; All Worked Up.” 11/12/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74FF247FD3E24D45BA15F4E498686197>.
- APA: Arthur; Lights, Camera, Opera; All Worked Up. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74FF247FD3E24D45BA15F4E498686197