Food Trip with Todd English; Big Mango: Three Nights In Bangkok
Big Mango: 3 Nights in Bangkok SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Big Mango: Three Nights In Bangkok
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Captivated by the rich culture and cuisine of the Land of Smiles, Todd English crosses the sea to embark on his quest to discover the secrets of Bangkok. Culinary delights from creative street foods TO abundant feasts of the royal cuisine await as Todd befriends gifted local chefs who share not only their passion, but also their backstage access to the best of Bangkok. With his mind full of bold and new ideas, Todd journeys back to Olives in Boston to put his signature stamp on Thai cuisine.
Recipes: Pomelo Crab Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Big Mango: Three Nights In Bangkok,” 05/26/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74B0CDD002EC473A9C3BF07FD6664CE9.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Big Mango: Three Nights In Bangkok.” 05/26/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74B0CDD002EC473A9C3BF07FD6664CE9>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Big Mango: Three Nights In Bangkok. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_74B0CDD002EC473A9C3BF07FD6664CE9