Arthur; What Scared Sue Ellen; Clarissa Is Cracked
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- What Scared Sue Ellen; Clarissa Is Cracked
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
What Scared Sue Ellen?: Sue Ellen's not afraid of much, but when she encounters a really creepy howling noise in the woods, she's scared for real. She musters the gang for a showdown. Will they face their fears and learn the source of the mysterious howls?
Clarissa is Cracked: Grandma Thora has a lot of fun stuff, especially her porcelain doll, Clarissa. When Grandma lends Clarissa to D.W. for a week they have the most wonderful adventures together. But...will all that fun blemish the fair Clarissa?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; What Scared Sue Ellen; Clarissa Is Cracked,” 11/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_744153912AE642C8AC0681DC8CE3FBDB.
- MLA: “Arthur; What Scared Sue Ellen; Clarissa Is Cracked.” 11/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_744153912AE642C8AC0681DC8CE3FBDB>.
- APA: Arthur; What Scared Sue Ellen; Clarissa Is Cracked. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_744153912AE642C8AC0681DC8CE3FBDB