Degrassi Talks; Depression
Playing With Time Inc. Non-Commercial Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Degrassi Talks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1992. After the "School's Out" film some of the Degrassi actors took part in an educational documentary named Degrassi Talks. There are six talks, each devoted to a specific subject and hosted by one of the actors. The topics include Abuse, Alcohol, Depression, Drugs, Sex, and Sexuality. Each episode is hosted by an actor. AmandaStepto hosts the Sex talk, Neil Hope discusses Alcohol, Rebecca Haines discusses Abuse, Pat Mastroianni hosts the Depression talk, Siluck Saysanasay hosts the drugs talk, and Stacie Mistysyn hosts the sexuality talk. Series release date: 1992
- Program Description
Each person interviewed describes the nature of his or her own depression, or that of their loved one.
Pat, the host of the Degrassi Talks... On Depression show, played the character Joey Jeremiah in the Degrassi TV series. He, like most of us, has experienced bouts of "normal" depression, when friends were cruel or a girlfriend dropped him.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- CBC Television (Series Producer)
- Playing For Time Inc. (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Degrassi Talks; Depression,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_740D209F62CC4893A8BD8BC1E63F88ED.
- MLA: “Degrassi Talks; Depression.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_740D209F62CC4893A8BD8BC1E63F88ED>.
- APA: Degrassi Talks; Depression. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_740D209F62CC4893A8BD8BC1E63F88ED