Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.
Part of Say Brother.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Say Brother
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Half-hour program composed of two dance performances by members of the Dance Theatre of Boston, as directed by company choreographer and musical director Billy Wilson. Performances are titled "Les Deux" and "Black Light," and were performed for a studio audience. Program contains a short interview with Wilson conducted by host Topper Carew. Original air date estimated.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dance Theatre of Boston
- Wilson, Billy
- African Americans in the performing arts
- African American dance
- Race and Ethnicity
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Associate Producer)
- Topper Carew (Producer)
- White, Conrad (Director)
- Jones, Vickie (Associate Producer)
- Davis, Scott (Floor Manager)
- Davis, Tonya (Assistant To The Producer)
- MacDonald, Greg (Cameraman)
- Floyd, Michael (Lighting Assistant)
- Handyside, Keith (Video)
- Carew, Topper (Host)
- Coleman, Vern (Audio)
- Heitman, Clint (Scenic Design)
- Simmons, Fred (VTR Recordist)
- Chigas, Basil (Crane)
- Payne, Hunter (Crane)
- Nicholas , Huntley, Jr. (Film Sound)
- Buccheri, Ron (Switcher)
- Johnson, Henry (Filmmaker)
- Norton, Chas (Lighting Director)
- Kenner, Sharon (Graphics)
- Cross, June (Assistant To The Producer)
- Wareham, Skip (Cameraman)
- Charette, Bill (Cameraman)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.,” 01/24/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E.
- MLA: “Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E..” 01/24/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E>.
- APA: Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E