Peep And The Big Wide World; Snow Daze; Flower Shower
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Snow Daze; Flower Shower
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 33 (33A/32A) SNOW DAZE HERE'S ONE MORE FLAW IN DUCK DESIGN: UNLIKE BEAVERS, DUCKS CAN'T SLIDE ON THEIR TAILS. (OR MAKE GREAT ART.)
INTERSTITIAL: IT’S A GOOD DAY TO STAY INSIDE AND THE KIDS HAVE FOUND SOMETHING FUN TO DO. THEY TAKE AN OLD BLANKET AND DRAPE IT OVER SOME PILLOWS ON THE COUCH TO MAKE A HILL. THEY ARE SLIDING THINGS DOWN THEIR HOME MADE HILL. WHY DO SOME THINGS SLIDE BETTER THAN OTHERS?
FLOWER SHOWER CHIRP DISCOVERS THE SPRINGIEST THING ABOUT SPRING (A PINK CHERRY ORCHARD). BUT THEN SHE MAKES THE MISTAKE OF TELLING QUACK.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS START A PLANTING PROJECT. THEY PLANT TOMATO AND SUNFLOWER SEEDS. WHAT WILL HAPPEN AS THE SEEDS TAKE ROOT? WILL THEY SPROUT? HOW TALL WILL THEY GET? THE KIDS CHECK BACK WITH THEIR PLANTS OVER THE COURSE OF THE SUMMER TO SEE HOW THEIR PLANTS GROW AND CHANGE.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Snow Daze; Flower Shower,” 11/25/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7363BEA056304DD2A2E054B73EA65F9C.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Snow Daze; Flower Shower.” 11/25/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7363BEA056304DD2A2E054B73EA65F9C>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Snow Daze; Flower Shower. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7363BEA056304DD2A2E054B73EA65F9C