Arthur; Buster Spaces Out; Long Road Home, The
WGBH Master Buster Spaces Out, 179A The Long Road Home, 179B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster Spaces Out; Long Road Home, The
- Program Number
1410; 179A; 179B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Buster Spaces Out, 179A Inspired by footage of the moon landing, Buster wants to go to outer space! Well, someday. For now, it’d be really cool to build and launch a rocket! So Buster enlists his friends to help…but they can’t agree on anything and the mission stalls. Luckily, NASA astronaut Mike Finke guest-stars to teach the kids that only teamwork will accomplish this mission—and then it’s blast-off!
Educational Objective: Buster and the gang learn that working together on one project can be challenging – but by assigning tasks that suit each person’s strengths they discover how to solve problem creatively.
The Long Road Home, 179B After costing Lakewood Elementary the win in a relay race against Mighty Mountain, George wants to redeem himself. Ok, George might be a slower runner but he is determined to walk all the way from Crown City to Elwood City and raise money for charity. There’s just one problem – no one really thinks he can do it! This episode also marks the homecoming for “El Boomerang” and the suspense is – will the beloved soccer ball arrive from (believe it or not) Turkey in time for Alberto’s birthday?? Everyone’s in for a surprise.
Educational Objective: George learns that if he believes in himself, he can accomplish even the most challenging tasks.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster Spaces Out; Long Road Home, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7285F07DB0104819B9804C518EE133F0.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster Spaces Out; Long Road Home, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7285F07DB0104819B9804C518EE133F0>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster Spaces Out; Long Road Home, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7285F07DB0104819B9804C518EE133F0