Neighborhoods; Greatest Place to Be, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Greatest Place to Be, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in September 1984 and May 1985
A series of 10 documentaries profiling various Boston neighborhoods. The program deals with subjects as "The World Halfball Tournament" in Charlestown. Other neighborhoods such as Hyde Park, Roslindale, Allston, East Boston and Roxbury are highlighted. Produced by Howard Husock. Co-production of WGBH and Cablevision of Boston.
See September 1984 and May 1985 Dial Program Guides for more information. Series release date: 1984
- Program Description
This program chronicles the efforts of one Jamaica Plain woman to improve and preserve Jamaica Pond in the face of a neighborhood in transition.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Local Communities
- Husock, Howard (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Neighborhoods; Greatest Place to Be, The,” 11/28/1984, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7164EB55B70243618FC6B8E75C3BE73D.
- MLA: “Neighborhoods; Greatest Place to Be, The.” 11/28/1984. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7164EB55B70243618FC6B8E75C3BE73D>.
- APA: Neighborhoods; Greatest Place to Be, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7164EB55B70243618FC6B8E75C3BE73D