Ten O'Clock News; Red Auerbach
Alan Dershowitz interviews Red Auerbach. They discuss his career in sports as a coach. They talk about basketball and it's national and international prominence. They talk about Auerbach's discovery of Bill Russell, and Russells' career, as well as many other Celtics players. Auerbach reviews some of his coaching techniques. Auerbach talks about his old-fashioned views, especially not having women in the locker rooms. He also talks about women both playing and watching basketball. He talks about K. C. Jones as a coach. Auerbach talks about his teaching a class for lawyers at Harvard. Reporters Christy George and Christopher Lydon also asks questions, often rephrased by Dershowitz for editing purposes.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Auerbach, Red, 1917-2006
- Boston Celtics (Basketball team)
- Russell, Bill, 1934-
- Basketball players
- Jones, K. C., 1932-
- News Report
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Auerbach, Red, 1917-2006 (Interviewee)
- Dershowitz, Alan (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Red Auerbach,” 05/28/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_714CF743381845BCB8026F931DAD4D0F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Red Auerbach.” 05/28/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_714CF743381845BCB8026F931DAD4D0F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Red Auerbach. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_714CF743381845BCB8026F931DAD4D0F