Arthur; D.W.’s Imaginary Friend; Arthur’s Lost Library Book
28:26 including tag & filler after PBS logo
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W.’s Imaginary Friend; Arthur’s Lost Library Book
- Program Number
104; 1B; 22B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W.'s Imaginary Friend: Someone only D.W. can see has moved in with the Reads. Her name is Nadine, and she follows D.W. everywhere. (Be careful where you sit, or what you say, because Nadine is VERY sensitive.) But when D.W. insists on bringing Nadine to the amusement park, that's the last straw for Arthur. Does he have to be embarrassed by D.W. in front of all of his friends?
Arthur's Lost Library Book: Arthur is the first to take out the newest Scare-Your-Pants-Off book from the library. Unfortunately, a week later, he just can't figure out where he put it!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W.’s Imaginary Friend; Arthur’s Lost Library Book,” 08/21/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70FB7E8334B74909A41FDC67723ED891.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W.’s Imaginary Friend; Arthur’s Lost Library Book.” 08/21/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70FB7E8334B74909A41FDC67723ED891>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W.’s Imaginary Friend; Arthur’s Lost Library Book. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70FB7E8334B74909A41FDC67723ED891