Arthur; D.W All Wet; Buster’s Dino Dilemma
EE Master VTR 61 Head Number DFV5TC Engineer GSJ
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- D.W All Wet; Buster’s Dino Dilemma
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W. All Wet: The beach! The glorious beach! The crowded, sun-dazzled beach! The Reads are having a wonderful time, except for D.W. who simply refuses to have fun. Doesn't everyone know there are octopuses in the water? And--help!--Arthur's being attacked by one! Will D.W. come to the rescue? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Buster's Dino Dilemma: Buster and Arthur make a long-awaited field trip to a dinosaur excavation. On his own, Buster discovers a very interesting bone--is it the remains of a dinosaur or the left-overs from a local fast-food joint? Despite the call of science, Buster doesn't want to relinquish his find. The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W All Wet; Buster’s Dino Dilemma,” 09/28/1997, GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70DA966FEAF140E4ABE6802C3BB9599B.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W All Wet; Buster’s Dino Dilemma.” 09/28/1997. GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70DA966FEAF140E4ABE6802C3BB9599B>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W All Wet; Buster’s Dino Dilemma. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70DA966FEAF140E4ABE6802C3BB9599B