Arthur; To Eat or Not to Eat; S.W.E.A.T.
WGBH Master To Eat or Not to Eat, 172B S.W.E.A.T., 172A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- To Eat or Not to Eat; S.W.E.A.T.
- Program Number
1505; 172B; 172A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
To Eat or Not to Eat, 172B A brand new candy bar is in town! But why is it making everyone act so strangely? And what exactly is this ingredient called Tri-Enzomated Zorn Jelly, anyway? Buster decides to do a little digging into these mystery chemicals before he takes his first bite but he – and all the other kids – may not find the truth appetizing.
Educational objective: Buster learns that it’s important to read ingredients on labels and to know what you’re eating.
S.W.E.A.T., 172A It's time for the kids at Lakewood Elementary to take the Stoddard-Wilkins Elementary Aptitude Test, or “S.W.E.A.T.” But with anxiety running high, it becomes clear that the kids need to learn some relaxation techniques. Luckily, Mrs. MacGrady is on hand to teach them a thing or two about de-stressing.
Educational objective: Arthur, Buster, Sue Ellen and Brain learn to cope with stressful situations by doing relaxation exercises.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; To Eat or Not to Eat; S.W.E.A.T.,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70D5540283DC4B34B888AE27D48C4EC3.
- MLA: “Arthur; To Eat or Not to Eat; S.W.E.A.T..” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70D5540283DC4B34B888AE27D48C4EC3>.
- APA: Arthur; To Eat or Not to Eat; S.W.E.A.T.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70D5540283DC4B34B888AE27D48C4EC3