Ten O'Clock News; Brock Adams on southwest corridor
Outdoor press conference with Brock Adams, US Secretary of Transportation, flanked by Sens. Edward Brooke and Edward Kennedy, on southwest corridor mass transit project. Fred Salvucci stands behind them. $669 million in federal funds approved. An additional $1 billion will be invested through public/private initiatives for urban development contingent with relocation of the orange line. Kennedy and Brooke make grateful remarks. Reps. Mary Good and James Craven. Mel King appears (in t-shirt and baseball cap) to acknowledge the efforts of community activists. This very large scale public works project will create jobs and keep the neighborhoods from being physically divided along racial lines. Adams answers question on air traffic congestion expected at large airports.
- Ten O'Clock News
Brock Adams on southwest corridor
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Adams, Brock, 1927-2004
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009
- King, Mel
- Urban renewal
- Brooke, Edward William, 1919-
- Race relations
- Salvucci, Frederick
- Press conferences
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Adams, Brock, 1927-2004 (Speaker)
- Brooke, Edward William, 1919- (Speaker)
- King, Mel (Speaker)
- Bennett, Charles (Reporter)
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Brock Adams on southwest corridor,” 08/11/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70C7A13A692A47B49784AC12818B2652.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Brock Adams on southwest corridor.” 08/11/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70C7A13A692A47B49784AC12818B2652>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Brock Adams on southwest corridor. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70C7A13A692A47B49784AC12818B2652