Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson and School Budget
Marcus Jones reports that Dr. Laval Wilson, Superintendent of Boston Public Schools, has announced cuts to the school budget. Jones outlines the nature of the cost-saving measures and reports that additional cuts may be necessary. Wilson talks about the budget at a press conference. Interview with John Nucci, President of Boston School Committee, about Wilson's attempt to cut costs in the budget. Jones notes that the Boston School Committee has rejected Wilson's proposal to consolidate eight schools. School Committee meeting. This tape includes additional footage from the end of a news story on mental illness.
- Ten O'Clock News
Laval Wilson and School Budget
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- School superintendents
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee
- School management and organization
- School boards
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson and School Budget,” 05/14/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70786E8A4E8C41448F3F0C220535656A.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson and School Budget.” 05/14/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70786E8A4E8C41448F3F0C220535656A>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson and School Budget. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_70786E8A4E8C41448F3F0C220535656A