Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching Diverse Learners
Show #7 Teaching Diverse Learners Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop
- Teaching Diverse Learners
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Eight half-hour workshop video programs feature leading experts who discuss current research on learning to read and teaching a diverse range of students. The research is illustrated by clips from real classroom lessons, allowing teachers to better understand and apply the research in their own classes. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
In this session, literacy expert Dorothy Strickland discusses how teachers can meet the diverse needs of readers and writers in their classrooms. Classroom examples and teaching strategies address different aspects of diversity, including culture, language, background, ability, and learning approaches.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching Diverse Learners,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6FC57DFEF48E41D48CA7C6AA4C443353.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching Diverse Learners.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6FC57DFEF48E41D48CA7C6AA4C443353>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Teaching Diverse Learners. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6FC57DFEF48E41D48CA7C6AA4C443353