Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Fine Fast Food
Fine Fast Food 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Fine Fast Food
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Who says fast food can’t be superb? Join us as we visit chefs around the world who are redefining the very concept of fast food. Chef David Chang of Momofuku Ssäm Bar in New York City turns out a spectacular meal in next to no time. In Florence, Italy, a vendor of tripe sandwiches shows us the glories of the city’s oldest form of fast food, while in Hong Kong we visit a local wonton noodle shop that has gained widespread fame for its recipe, which fans consider to be perfect. In the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll show you how to make Steak Diane in a flash, using a very unexpected ingredient.
RECIPES Bean Parathas Pork-Belly Buns Steak “Diane” Tripe Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Fine Fast Food,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F6E0D70862F421FA5E5B3B907ACB6B7.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Fine Fast Food.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F6E0D70862F421FA5E5B3B907ACB6B7>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Fine Fast Food. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F6E0D70862F421FA5E5B3B907ACB6B7